[cs_content][cs_section parallax=”false” separator_top_type=”none” separator_top_height=”50px” separator_top_angle_point=”50″ separator_bottom_type=”none” separator_bottom_height=”50px” separator_bottom_angle_point=”50″ style=”margin: 0px;padding: 5px 0px 0px;”][cs_row inner_container=”true” marginless_columns=”false” style=”margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;”][cs_column fade=”false” fade_animation=”in” fade_animation_offset=”45px” fade_duration=”750″ type=”2/3″ style=”padding: 0px;”][cs_text class=”cs-ta-left”]
Tankless Water Heaters – What You Need to Know
Water heaters break down into two main categories: the standard gas/electric style and the tankless style. Today, we’re going to focus on the tankless water heater and its advantages. A tankless water heater, also known as a demand-type or instantaneous water heater is an alternative to the traditional style of water heater that requires a tank that stores water when it’s not being used. No storage tank necessary! That way, there’s no energy being diverted to a tank – and that will save you money.
So how does a water heater like this work without a tank, exactly? When you turn on the faucet or shower, cold water travels through a pipe and into the unit, where it is then heated by either a gas or electrical component. It gets to you faster that way, as you don’t have to wait for the tank to fill and then reach the appropriate temperature. It also means you can receive hot water at a constant rate, which is limited only by the water heater’s output.
Check out the images below and see how much space a tankless water heater can save.
Some important questions to ask yourself when considering a tankless water heater:
- What type do I need? There are electric and gas models. An electric type requires the proper voltage and wiring. A gas model, on the other hand, is going to require ventilation.
- Do I need more than one / different size? While a tankless heater is highly efficient, it can be maxed out if there is a high demand on the unit, such as running multiple appliances at once like a dishwasher or washing machine. It is possible to connect two tankless heaters to run parallel to each other, providing a larger amount of hot water on-demand. You could also get a larger tankless unit that can provide a higher flow rate.
- Where will the heater be placed? The heater has to be fairly close to a power source, but it can be mounted either inside or outside of the building (depending on the type).
- Will it last long enough for where I’m currently living? Most tankless water heaters can remain operational for over 20 years. A lot of the water heaters that require a storage tank last around 10-15 years.
- Most importantly, Is this the right option for my home? Each household is different. If you’re interested in learning more, give us a call at (865) 234-0501 and one of our knowledgeable technicians can come to your home and provide a quote for replacing your home’s water heating system for free.
Up front, tankless heaters can be costly. But in the long run, they save a lot of money – there’s no energy going towards keeping the pilot light lit or the storage tank full. A tankless heater turns on when you need it, and off when you’re done. If you’re interested in a free quote for a tankless water heater installation, give us a call today! Stay tuned for a post on gas/electric standard water heaters, too. Whether it has a tank or not, HEP offers some of the most highly-efficient water heating systems in the business.
[x_button shape=”square” size=”jumbo” float=”none” block=”true” href=”https://www.hepisontheway.com/schedule.html” info=”tooltip” info_place=”bottom” info_trigger=”hover” info_content=”Go To Online Form”]Set Up an Appointment[/x_button]
[/cs_text][cs_text class=”cs-ta-left”][cs_text class=”cs-ta-left”][cs_text class=”cs-ta-left”][cs_text class=”cs-ta-left”][/cs_column][cs_column fade=”false” fade_animation=”in” fade_animation_offset=”45px” fade_duration=”750″ type=”1/3″ style=”padding: 10px;”][x_widget_area sidebar=”sidebar-main” ][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section][/cs_content]