In Case You Didn’t H2Know about Water Filtration…
Water is one of the most important elements of our lives. In fact, human beings are roughly 50-65% water. We use water for all kinds of activities – drinking, cooking, cleaning, etc. That’s why it’s important that you have the proper water filtration to keep out contaminants, pollutants, chemicals (like pesticides and pharmaceuticals) and debris (including heavy metals like lead and iron). That way, your water tastes better, your houseplants don’t get harmed and your clothes and dishes are cleaner.
Most home filtration devices have a limited service cycle, so it’s good to know when your filter will be in need of maintenance of replacement. Most filters, when installed, will have the limit listed either in terms of gallons used or months in service.
Think it’s about time to have your filter replaced? Give us a call and we’ll have one of our knowledgeable technicians check it out for you!
There are five different types of water filters:
- Membranes – Uses one or more membranes to trap particulates, viruses, bacteria, etc.
- Distillers – Heats the water until boiling, then collects the condensed water vapor, leaving everything else behind.
- Adsorption – Uses a medium such as charcoal or ceramic.
- Reverse Osmosis -Uses water pressure to force water through membrane(s).
- Ultraviolet (UV) – Uses UV light to kill bacteria and viruses (but can’t remove chemicals).
Reverse Osmosis and distiller filters can’t be used for the whole house, whereas the others can. Some are even used in conjunction with others for maximum efficiency.
Something to Think About…
It’s also important to note that bottled water is not safer than tap water. The National Resources Defense Council (NRDC) tested 1,000 plastic bottles from various brands, and found that 22% contained contaminants that were above state limits. As a matter of fact, they’re on even ground with each other. Also, roughly 80% of plastic bottles purchased in the United States aren’t recycled. So do the planet and yourself a favor! Investing in a proper water filtration unit will do wonders for your long-term health, and save you a good bit of money in the long run.
We’re a Proud Dealer of EasyWater Filtration Products
We carry a wide variety of water filtration devices to address any of your needs; whether you’re looking to remove scale from hard water, cut down on chemicals or just add a purifier to your kitchen, we’ve got you covered.
Some of the benefits of our popular No-Salt Conditioner:
- Protects appliances, including tankless and tank-style water heaters
- No slippery or slimy feeling on the skin
- Can improve water flow
- Save money with no filters and no maintenance
- Perfect for all homes, small or large
- Easy to take with you
Protect your home and yourself with these outstanding filters. Would you like to learn more about water filtration options? Our dedicated customer service representatives are available 24/7 to assist you in any way possible.
So water you waiting for? Give HEP a call!