- Turn off your HVAC unit. If you leave it on, you could have dirt, dust, and other particles blowing around the room when it kicks on. Turning it off is the safest bet, and doesn’t cause you more mess to deal with.
- You’ll then want to remove the air vents with a screwdriver. Do this room by room so that you don’t lose track of where you are or your vent’s location.
- Wash your vents with warm water and soap in the kitchen sink.
- Vacuum any leftover dust, dirt, or pet hair from the air duct. Use a hose attachment to get everything.
- Make sure your vents are completely dry to prevent potential mold growth. Once they are dry, reattach them where you got them, and you’re done!
Are you looking to upgrade your home? Have Questions? Call HEP Inc. at (865) 234-0501 and get started today! HEP Is On The Way!