Looking for some ideas on how to save water around the home? Here are some tips for conserving water and saving money on your utility bill!
- Insulate your pipes. You’ll spend less time waiting for things like your shower or faucet to warm up and in turn, will save water.
- Only wash full loads when doing either dishes or laundry for efficiency and optimal water conservation.
- On the subject of laundry, wash your darks in cold water. Not only will you save water, but you will also preserve the color of your darker clothing by using cold.
- Check for leaks. Read your meter and then recheck it in a couple of hours. If it’s not the same and you’ve used no water in that time, then there is a leak. Also, check toilets for leaks by putting food coloring in the tank, flushing, and checking to see if coloring appears in the bowl. If coloring spreads, it’s likely a leak.
- Turn off water when brushing your teeth. There’s no need to keep the water running while you’re brushing your teeth, so turn it off and save!
- Cut down on shower time. If possible, try to limit showers to 5-7 minutes to conserve water.
Are you looking to upgrade your home? Have Questions? Call HEP Inc. at (865) 234-0501 and get started today! HEP Is On The Way!