The weather in Tennessee has been pretty wacky lately. It was t-shirt weather just a couple of days ago, and it’s going to drop way below freezing this weekend! Have you made sure your home is prepared for winter weather and freezing temperatures? Let’s talk about cold weather preparation.
When the temperatures drop, your home can be affected in a variety of ways. A little upkeep and a little preventative maintenance can go a long way from saving you from a headache and costly repairs.
First (and most importantly), you want to make sure your heating system is running smoothly to keep you and your family warm. HEP offers a full diagnosis for $59 – if there’s anything wrong with your unit, we’ll be sure to make a diagnosis and offer to fix it. Also, you can get a quote for a new HVAC unit for free!
Make sure to close any gaps that may let the warm air from your home escape. This can include installing weather stripping around doors and windows and making sure your attic is properly insulated.
Some other important Cold Weather Preparation tips:
- Check your roof for any potential damage. If it rains or snows, you don’t want any leaks. That’s a can of worms you don’t want to open.
- Clear your gutters of any debris to ensure proper water flow.
- If you have sprinkler lines or external faucets, make sure they’re thoroughly drained so the pipes don’t burst.
- Did you know that if your fans spinning clockwise, they will produce a more efficient heat circulation in your home?
- Check your fireplace and make sure there aren’t any blockages.
- Make sure that the air filters in your home are clean. They should be replaced every couple of months, ideally.
It’s a pretty simple checklist, but making sure you’ve addressed these items could save you a ton of money. Cold weather preparation will ensure that you and your family are comfortable when the temperature drops!
Would you like assistance checking out your HVAC system, roof, or anything else? Maybe you’ve got some questions. Feel free to give us a call at (865) 234-0501 and one of our dedicated customer service representatives will help you with anything you need.