1. Protect cords from damage. Avoid shock or fire hazards by ensuring cords aren’t pinched by furniture, forced into small spaces like doors or windows, placed under rugs, near heat sources, or attached using nails or staples. 
  2. Don’t leave the stove or oven unattended when cooking for an extended period of time. 
  3. Check decorations for a certification label to show they have been tested for safety. 
  4. Inspect electrical decorations for damage before using them. Damaged sockets and loose or bare wires can cause a shock or start a fire. 
  5. Don’t overload electrical sockets. This and faulty wires are a common cause of holiday fires. 
  6. Don’t connect more than three strings of incandescent lights. It could blow a fuse or cause a fire. 
  7. If you have a live tree, make sure you keep it fresh by watering it daily. A dry tree is a serious fire hazard. 
  8. Use battery-operated candles as opposed to real ones. This will help you avoid accidents and fires. 
  9. Keep combustibles three feet or more from heat sources. 

Are you looking to upgrade your home? Have Questions? Call HEP Inc. at (865) 234-0501 and get started today! HEP Is On The Way!