While these fireplaces are far safer than their counterparts, you shouldn’t ignore basic precautions. Here are some things you can do to minimize the dangers of even the safest modern fireplaces.
- Schedule yearly maintenance. Gas fireplaces require far less maintenance than wood-burning fireplaces, but you should still have an annual inspection to make sure everything is running as it should be.
- Clearance zones. Every fireplace has a clearance zone, no matter how safe or advanced it may be. Never place wood, books, drapes, or anything flammable directly against the glass.
- Upgrade to a double glass heat barrier for even more safety and efficiency.
- Check the safety screen barrier. The glass can get very hot, so you want to ensure that the safety screen is secure and properly installed.
- Ensure you inform children or guests to mind the glass. Even with the safety barrier, you can’t entirely eliminate the possibility of being burned by the hot glass.
Are you looking to upgrade your home? Have Questions? Call HEP Inc. at (865) 234-0501 and get started today! HEP Is On The Way!