Dishwashing is nobody’s favorite chore. If you rely on your dishwasher for fast and effective dishwashing, here are some tips to help you get the most out of your appliance.
Dishwasher Tips & Tricks:
- Run Your Kitchen Sink First – Did you know that your sink is attached to your dishwasher? Run your sink first to ensure that hot water is entering the dishwasher for the best possible clean.
- Pre-Treat Some Dishes – If you’re adding any soiled baking dishes to your dishwasher, you can pre-treat them with a little bit of gel dishwasher detergent. This extra squirt will help improve cleaning.
- Use Vinegar – Run your dishwasher through a cycle to clean out any debris that may have gotten stuck or built up. Place a large glass measuring cup with 2 cups of vinegar in the top rack of your dishwasher. Then let the machine run (without detergent). The vinegar will mix with the water as the machine cycles. Doing this will help deep-clean your dishwasher and keep it running smoothly.
- Keep Your Silverware Organized – Before you put your silverware in the dishwasher, you’ll want to organize them by type. Doing this will help make unloading easier. Make sure when you place them that they don’t nest into each other. Flip half of the utensil types down to avoid this.
- Don’t overcrowd your machine. If you try to fit every last dish into the dishwasher to avoid washing anything by hand, you’re more likely to end up with dirty dishes. Keep an eye out for dishes that are tightly pressed together. You want to make sure there’s enough room for water and air to flow between the dishes throughout the cycle.
Are you looking to upgrade your home? Have Questions? Call HEP Inc. at (865) 234-0501 and get started today! HEP Is On The Way!